5 Ways the TKI Can Benefit Your Business
The Thomas-Kilmann Instrument (TKI) can be a valuable tool for managing conflicts in the workplace. Here are 5 ways it can help individual employees, teams, and even intergroup disagreements:
- Identifying conflict resolution styles: The TKI assesses an individual’s level of assertiveness and cooperativeness in conflict situations, which can help individuals and teams understand their own preferred conflict resolution style. This can be useful in identifying which style is most effective in a given situation and how to adapt one’s behavior accordingly.
- Improving communication: The TKI can help individuals and teams better understand how different members approach conflicts. This can lead to more effective communication and collaboration, as team members can adjust their behavior to better match the communication style of others.
- Building teams: Teams that are composed of individuals with different conflict resolution styles can be more effective than teams with similar styles. The TKI can be used in team-building exercises to help team members understand each other’s strengths and weaknesses, which can lead to better teamwork.
- Training: The TKI can be used as part of a training program to teach individuals and teams how to manage conflicts more effectively. The assessment results can be used to provide feedback on individual and team performance, and to develop specific strategies for improvement.
- Coaching: For Managers and leaders, the TKI assessment can be a valuable tool in providing coaching and feedback to team members on how to improve their behavior in conflict situations. It can also help leaders to manage and improve their own conflict behavior.
The Thomas-Kilmann Instrument can help to increase self-awareness, improve communication and collaboration, build stronger teams, and provide a framework for training and development in conflict management at every level of an organization. Contact us for a free sample report, or if you have any questions about incorporating the TKI into your training and development program.